Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Seether @ Starland Ballroom 8/25/11

Saw Seether for the 5th time tonight and definitely confirmed them as one of my favorite bands.  I went with my friend Jeff and his girlfriend Tara.  Openers were some local NJ band called Empire Weekend (I think) and they kinda sucked.  Singer was not good and the musicians brought nothing original or noteworthy to the band.  Then Art of Dying came on.  They were much better.  I hadn't heard of them before but they were a pretty straightforward rock band.  Their single "Die Trying" was their closer and probably their best song.
When Shaun from Seether came out wearing a flannel shirt with black stretch sleeves underneath, I knew it was gonna be a good show.  They also had two monstrous amps that were each 6ft tall.  The guitar amp was Mesa and the bass amp was Hartke.  Shaun wasn't drinking and although he wasn't as connected to the audience as I've seen him, he really looked like he was into the music.  They're now playing as a three piece and you barely notice a difference. The lead parts that are lacking are more than made up for by their improved performance.  Seether played a lot of their more poppy/ballady songs in the middle of their set, but they also played some old school stuff from the first album, Disclaimer.  Of the new songs "Tonight" definitely stood out to me and the dancing chicks behind me.  I didn't get close enough for any pics this time cuz Starland was sold out and it was packed.  We stayed back in the bar area cuz we had a pretty good view of the stage.  They played for 1.5 hours straight with no encore.  Shaun threw his guitar into the mic stand at the end of the set and then picked it up and smashed it.  I never saw him do that before; it was pretty cool

Its the first time I wrote down a complete setlist too so here it is:

Seether @ Starland Ballroom 8/25/11
Fur Cue
Gasoline
Needles
Take Me Away
Fine Again
Driven Under
Broken
Gift (solo by Shaun Morgan)
Drum solo (John Humphrey)
Burrito
Heart Shaped Box (Nirvana cover)
Breakdown
Tonight
Country Song
Rise Above This
Fake It
Remedy

No comments:

Post a Comment